I took an online class to learn about decoratively sewing flowers on a shirt from Elizabeth Kartchner. It was a lot of fun. I look forward to learning more from her.
Everyone who is taking the class is posting comments to try to win a package of free scrapbooking goodies. Here are her ways to leave a comment and my actual comments:
- Leave a comment if you share a picture of your project (whatever stage it’s at… pinned, finished, no pins yet) on our class message board. Under the thread called: Where I’m at: giveaway.
I posted my “not started” picture under the Where I’m at: giveaway. Hopefully this Wednesday, I will finally get to work on it!
- Leave a comment if you completed all the answers to the Handout from Lesson 2.
I completed my handout! I am still not happy with all of my answers, but more than 1/2 are the best ones I could think of and the remaining ones I can work on improving. I am trying to figure out what to do with my answers now. I don’t want to get rid of them, but I don’t know if I want to publish them on my private blog either.
- Leave a comment if you blog or Facebook or Twitter something you’ve enjoyed in this class. (Leave 3 comments if you do all 3… or 2 or 1.)
I blogged about how much I was going to enjoy this class a while back before I even got my flowers. I really did enjoy everything about this class. :-)
Facebook comment and picture of final product posted!
- Leave a comment if you blog about your finished project.
I blogged about my finished shirt and included all of my comments on this post in my blog post to remind me of my answers.
- Leave a comment if you are already thinking of another fun thing to make with what you’ve learned.
Even before the class started, I was trying to think of other applications for hand sewing flowers. I definitely want to try adding some flowers to gifts for friends and family for the holidays and/or their birthdays. I know my cousin would love a flower decorated outfit for her little girl’s 2nd birthday which is really soon.
- Leave a comment with something you’ve enjoyed about this class.
There are so many aspects of this class that are wonderful: self paced, easy to follow, thought provoking, something new for me to learn… in addition, I have to say my FAVORITE thing about this class is my friend Carla came over today and we worked on our shirts together. This may not seem like a big thing to some but this is the first time she has been to my house for more than a few minutes in over 4 1/2 years (she has 2 children and another one on the way)!
- Leave a comment if you hand cut your flowers… that deserves a prize in itself!!
I didn’t hand cut my own flowers, but I helped my friend Carla modify a few of her very large Martha Stewart flowers. I trimmed a few down, but the best one was the tiny daisy I hand cut for her. I really loved helping her. :-)
- Leave a comment if this was a stretch for you and you loved trying something new.
This has been a stretch for me, but not in the way you’d expect. I have used my sewing machine a bunch and used to cross-stitch all of the time, so I am not new to sewing. However, sewing flowers on something that I am going to wear is what is the biggest stretch for me. I am not a gurlie girl, but when I have my moments and do go gurlie, it is all out – this shirt will be perfect for those times. So, thanks for expanding my horizons!
- Leave a comment if you just would love to have some new scrapbooking goodies.
When I realized how much I spent on scrapbook items last year and how much I had accumulated, I stopped my increasing spending habit. So far this year, other than some rhinestones, a silver pen, and page protectors, I haven’t purchased any fun scrapbooking supplies. I would LOVE to have something new and try out beautiful Lizzy items!
- Leave a comment if you lost your needle at least once. I wonder if I’m the only one that does this.
Nope, no losing of any needles. (I didn’t post this comment.)